This weekend was pretty low key, but I thought I'd recap the exciting happenings from the White House.
Workouts
Thursday - I tried out the new boot camp I posted about earlier. That night's workout was all tabata. Tabata is 20 seconds on, as fast as you can, 10 seconds off, for EIGHT rounds, then switch exercises. I've done some tabata when I trained with Janae but we never did eight rounds of anything. I was fine with all of the stations except the push ups. My chest was jello after that little tabata-o-rama-chest-murderer-workout. It was hard, but it was good.
Friday - Rest day.
This just cracks me up.......
Saturday - Interval runs on the river. I went a little different route than normal. Riverside runs north/south and the wind was wailing out of the south, so I decided to go an east/west route. This means I went up the Creek turnpike trail. A LOT of that is uphill. I'm not a huge fan of uphill but it definitely changes things up and is WAY more challenging. It was perfect since it was so windy.
Sunday - Weights at the gym. I did biceps, triceps, step ups on the bench with weights, dead lifts, back extensions and core. I have been warming up with rowing and am loving it. It's a total body workout, everything is working and it will raise your heart rate in no time. Janae challenged me to finish a one mile row in 6 minutes, 31 seconds. That's the fastest she has ever had anyone (a client) finish. I'm not there yet. I finished on Sunday in 6 minutes 41 seconds. Oh you better believe, my eye is on the prize and I will beat that time! Stay tuned!
Golf Tournament
This weekend was the Waggles for Wyatt Golf Tournament. I posted about it previously here. The turnout for the tournament was amazing. There were so many friends and family of the Griffith's that came out to show their support. I volunteered at the barbecue dinner that followed the tournament. I got to meet little Wyatt. He is precious. I am happy to report that he is doing well and was able to stay for the entire dinner and live auction. He is a little fighter with a long road ahead of him, but he is off to an amazing start. I didn't want to get all up in his face and start flashing my camera at him, so I didn't get any pictures of him.
I was excited to present Wyatt's mother with the canvas I painted for him. I don't know why I painted it, I don't know Wyatt or his family very well, I just wanted to do something small for him. If nothing else, maybe he will see the bright colors in the canvas and it will make him smile. She was very appreciative and LOVED it. Also, his room is baseball theme, so this will fit in perfectly!
And, as a bonus, I got to see my long lost "brother" at the tournament as well. This is Kenny. He is totally like my brother. His mother/family raised me since I was born. His mother was my "babysitter/daycare" since my Mom worked. They still remain my "other" family and treat me as such. I've literally known him since the day I was born!
1
I hope everyone else had a great weekend!
Until next time, peace out!

Wow, that was a busy weekend!
ReplyDeleteWay to go on all the workouts! You'll make that row record in no time!!