Thursday, September 29, 2011

Random.....

Happy Thursday peeps! 

The 5K Zoo Run is on Saturday.  It's supposed to be perfect weather for jogging among lions, tigers, bears, penguins, polar bears, giraffes and monkeys. 

I've been battling a little plantar fasciitis in my left foot/heel.  It's so weird, it doesn't really hurt, it's just sort of there and annoying.  There is a visible "knot" on the side of my heel though.  The shoes I had been running in, didn't have good arch support and I'm sure that's why my "fascia" got all fired up.  My very worn out New Balance arch supports were in a different pair of running shoes and I obviously brain farted and didn't change them out.  I used my doctoral (Internet research) skills, and followed the arch support, ice, stretching information and it has worked! 

The packet pick-up for the Zoo Run was at the New Balance store.  I decided to get some new arch supports while I was there.  Well, New Balance is pretty proud of their fancy pants arch supports. 
This time I opted for what I would call, the Cadillac of arch supports. 
Online, these bad boys are $44.99, in store they were only $43.00. 
Thanks New Balance for saving me a $1.99.   

Aren't they pretty??  They should be!

But the first time I ran in them, oh sweet mother of cushiony, running on a cloud, arch support,
it was amazing. 
It was then, I decided they were worth every penny. 

Just from various reading, I think a lot of die hard runners, don't get into the super duper, cushiony shoes and supports, but with my back and my injury history, I just have to have the support and cushion. 
That, and I have honker high arches and big feet. 

Oh AND, the New Balance store offered a coupon for $10 off of a $50 purchase in my Zoo Run race packet.  Well, crap. 
There I was at only $43.00 for arch supports, so what's a girl to do? 
Find something else to buy.    

Since it's getting cooler out, I opted for a long sleeve running shirt. 
With a Susan G. Komen pink ribbon, of course! 



In store shopping was a little better for the shirt. 
Online price for the shirt is $29.99, in store, only $23.00.  Score.
Then apply my coupon, and I got myself a deal!  ha!
They just sucked me right in with the coupon. 
Hi, my name is Angie, but you call me a sucker!   


Speaking of Susan G. Komen....my favorite lil monkey, Julius, supports the cure too!
I swiped this pic from the Paul Frank Facebook page.
Seriously, a pink monkey, are you kidding me?  I love it!!!!!!!!!! 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On to my next bit of random-ness. 

An Instagram pic I took of my peacock wreath. 
~love~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This precious little rooter tooter, aka Annabelle, has had a rough week. 

Not trying to be gross, and I am going to spare the awful details, but she had an abscess on her back side. :(
So, after a visit to the vet and antibiotic shot, I think she is much better!  Whew!
I hate my baby girls being sick! 


Does anyone have large plans for the weekend?? 




1 comment:

  1. Love the race shirt. Coupons are the devil, they get me every time. Hello, my name is Laura and I'm a sucker too.

    Love the peacock picture!!

    ReplyDelete