Monday, March 14, 2011

Mardi Gras Wrap Up!

Who doesn't love Mardi Gras? I certainly do.....I always have.  You can read all about it here.

The grandeur of the Carnival is celebrated EVERYWHERE, but most famously in New Orleans (NOLA).  All of the costumes, vibrant colors, beads, feathers, hats, floats and parades are amazing.  I'm sure lots of cities around the US have some sort of Mardi Gras parade on Fat Tuesday.

For Mardi Gras, I joined some friends at a local hot spot, McNellie's.  We sat RIGHT at the front of the restaurant, at a table by the window, overlooking the street, where the parade would be.  Two of my friends are from Louisiana, one from NOLA, and she had just returned that morning, with tons of beads and excitement in tow.

Here are some pics of a few of the parade floats....and pics from the evening!

Me & B at McNellie's....with his boa and crab! 

Blue Dome Parade floats

Me, Lauren & Amanda

One of my co-workers attends Mardi Gras ever year, and these shoes are some of the goodies
he caught from the floats in NOLA. Aren't they so crazy and fun?!?!

Yes, that's a painted coconut......Who Dat!
Yes, those beads have MICE on them!
Yes, that's a tiny toilet!  You put water in it, lift the lid and get squirted in the face! ha!
And yes, that's a teeny toilet paper dispenser made from a napkin and a paper clip! 
My co-workers are creative and talented!



        
Until next time, peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment